A truly fast prime offering a portrait-length perspective, this black 50mm f/1.2 Lens from Samyang is designed for Sony E mirrorless cameras where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length. The combination of the long perspective and bright f/1.2 maximum aperture enables extensive control over focus placement, which is further complemented by the manual focus design and rounded nine-blade diaphragm for a smooth bokeh quality. The lens construction incorporates a pair of aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for a cleaner, sharper image quality void of color fringing. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to boost contrast by suppressing lens flare and ghosting.
- This 50mm f/1.2 lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright, fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also avails extensive control over shallow depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements help to control chromatic and comatic aberrations in order to achieve greater sharpness and clarity.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to all lens elements in order to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- This manual focus lens has a non-rotating 62mm front filter mount to better enable the use of polarizing, graduated ND, and other filter types that require precise positioning.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
|Focal Length||50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 75mm)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||31.7°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.64' / 50 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||62 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.66 x 2.92" / 67.5 x 74.2 mm|
|Weight||13.6 oz / 385 g|
|Package Weight||1.205 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.9 x 4.8 x 4.75"|